Are you looking for an exciting and thrilling water adventure near Toronto? Then, parasailing is the perfect activity for you!
Parasailing gives you the chance to soar high in the sky and experience a bird’s eye view of beautiful sceneries. There are several parasailing destinations near Toronto so if you are looking for an unforgettable experience, look no further as this article got you covered!
What Makes A Great Parasailing Destination
To maximize your experience, choosing the right parasailing spot is crucial. That’s why in this article, we have researched the best places for you to try this adrenaline-filled activity according to the following criteria:
- How safe their parasailing practice is (high-quality equipment, well-trained crew, etc.)
- Reviews from previous customers
And while there’s a thrill in parasailing, safety must be taken into consideration first!
What You Need To Check Before Parasailing
If you’re ready to take off on your parasailing experience, doing some research beforehand can help you feel more secure in the experience. Here are 4 parasailing need-to-checks to help make sure you go into your parasailing adventure full of confidence.
- Check The Company. For parasailing to be done safely, you need a crew of experienced professionals that know how to operate the equipment. This implies that when selecting a parasailing company, you should take a lot more factors into account than just pricing.
- Check The Weather. Ideal weather would include clear skies, a good gust of wind throughout the day, no clouds, and no threat of impending storms. Bad weather poses a serious risk because the prevailing winds may alter your course and make it challenging to maintain your heading.
- Check The Equipment. It doesn’t hurt to look for wear or fraying in your harness and rope. Inform your guide if you see anything that strikes you as odd. And if you do discover that the equipment appears worn out, then maybe it’s a sign not to proceed with your parasailing.
- Check-In With The Crew. When you’re thousand of feet above sea level, communicating via hand signals is the only way to reach out to the crew. Make sure that you are carefully briefed with these hand gestures so you can communicate with them effectively.
Once you’ve done the tips above, you’re more confident to embark on your parasailing journey!
Where To Find The Best Parasailing Spots
Curious as to where these parasailing spots are located? We created a Google Map below to pinpoint their location.
Keep on reading to learn more about the best parasailing spots near Toronto!
“Marvel the beauty of Lake Ontario and Toronto Skyline from above”
Parasail Adventures Toronto is a unique experience that allows people to take in the beautiful sights of Lake Ontario and the Toronto skyline from a birds-eye view. Whether you choose to fly solo or tandem, Parasail Adventures provides an incredible opportunity to get an unparalleled aerial perspective of Canada’s largest city.
Depending on your preference, you can opt for a slower, leisurely parasailing flight or go all out with the thrilling adrenaline rush of higher altitudes. As a tip, you can get their GoPro camera offer and join the ride on the boat as an observer.
They also provide life jackets and safety training so you can feel safe and secure while experiencing this one-of-a-kind adventure. With Parasail Adventures Toronto, you’ll be sure to have an unforgettable time!
Price: Starts at $120 for a solo parasail ride.
What People Think About It:
- The crew is amazing, very organized, and professional
- Beautiful view from above that will make you forget you’re in Canada
- Great music at play while you are on the boat and not parasailing
- The boat ride can be a bit scary, especially for beginners
Location: 21 Front St S, Mississauga, ON L5H 2C5
Google Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 Stars (80 Reviews)
“Get a bird’s-eye view of Lake Huron’s majestic sight”
Grand Bend Parasail is the best activity on Lake Huron and one of the most thrilling adventures you can experience in Grand Bend. You can have the best time parasailing while taking in the beautiful view of Lake Huron.
Expect to be on the boat for up to an hour, and you will have a blast! The crew will make sure that you are safe at all times, so you can relax and enjoy your flight.
Once you are in the air, you will be able to see Grand Bend from a whole different perspective. The lake’s blue waters, sandy beaches, and lush greenery will take your breath away! So if you’re looking for an adventure that is both fun and exciting, consider going parasailing with Grand Bend Parasail!
Price: $110 for a solo passenger
What People Think About It:
- Reasonable price for the whole experience
- Polite and friendly staff
- Very peaceful and calm experience up high, even when you’re afraid of heights
- Their booking system can be a bit of a challenge
Location: 77 Main St W, Grand Bend, ON N0M 1T0
Google Rating: 4.4 out of 5.0 Stars (317 Reviews)
“Experience the Ontario parasailing adventure of a lifetime!”
Ski-Mazing Watersports offers an amazing experience for any thrill seeker. Their parasail WINCH boats let you take off and land right on the boat, so you don’t have to worry about getting wet. This revolutionary winch system is designed to keep you high and dry, no matter how wild the ride gets.
Furthermore, if you’re looking for a way to preserve the memories of your adventure, Ski-Mazing Watersports also offers go-pro videos that will let you look back at your time in the sky anytime you want. Whether it’s your first time parasailing or you’re an experienced flyer, Ski-Mazing Watersports is here to create new memories you’ll never forget!
Price: $115 for a single flight.
What People Think About It:
- Situated at a waterfront resort that offers other activities like waterskiing, tubing, and banana boat rides
- Go-Pro videos available
- Can be overbooked at times
Google Rating: 3.4 out of 5.0 Stars (23 Reviews)
Witness The Breathtaking View From Above
If you’re looking to get a different perspective of the world, parasailing is the perfect way to do it. You’ll be soaring in the air, witness the beauty of your destination from above, and be able to take insights that you can’t experience on the ground.
Just make sure to take all necessary safety measures before embarking on your journey and don’t forget to snap plenty of pictures. So what are you waiting for? Go fly now!